Architecture and Design homework help.
Review the design principles on harmony and variety from lessons within the course and write a one-page essay describing how harmony and variety are used in one of the following works of art. Note: You can view any of these works with a search on the title of piece and the artist.
- Mother and Child 2 by Mary Cassatt
- Composition 8 by Wassily Kandinsky
- Schomburg Library by Jacob Lawrence
Within the essay, be sure to address the following:
- Include three ways the artist uses harmony.
- Include three ways the artist uses variety.
- Incorporate at least three art terms from the Key Terms list that follows in your essay.
- Key terms: contour line, value, warm colors, cool colors, shape, repetition, pattern, motif, texture, rhythm, composition, unity, primary color, geometric shape, organic shape, dominance, balance, focal point.
- Use bold type for your chosen terms for easy identification.