Business & Finance homework help. Please respond to the following business discussion posts:
- In your opinion, are discretionary employee benefits an entitlement, or are they earned based on performance? Support your response with specific examples
- Outline a plan for a one-day training program that follows the Experiential Learning Model (ELM).
See example post below:
“From the scenario this week, the idea of a one-day training program is the most ideal for their training needs. The issue that needs training is effective communication within the department. To follow the experiential learning model, the training would start off with having the trainees describe a time in their lives when communication has made a bad situation worse and a time when effective communication made a bad situation better. This highlights the importance of communication for everyone in the training. I would follow this with a lecturette that discusses the different types of communication that can be effective in different situations, such as confrontational, hostile or passive. Once the material was covered, the trainees would then break into pairs and showcase the different types of communication styles that would work in different situations. This allows the employees to test their grasp of the concept and to showcase the material for the other trainees who may not have fully understood that concept. The next step of the ELM is generalization. Effective communication is essential in any career field and is even vital in personal relationships. The information learned in the training can be used in all facets of life. As a trainer, I would have the trainees mention certain situations they can see themselves using this information outside of the workplace and perhaps which style of communication they look forward to trying. Lastly, the employees would take this information and apply it to a new experience that is focused closely to their workplace. There have been mentions in the weekly scenarios that the employees felt under trained in their systems. This final part of the training would allow them to demonstrate how their newfound understanding of effective communication could have improved the situation before there was any performance loss.
From the ATD website, I have selected a certification course titled Essentials of Being a Successful Training Coordinator. The training objectives highlight that the course: defines the role of a training coordinator, teaches the steps in the ADDIE training model, teaches management techniques to manage training design and development and how to identify and diffuse difficult situations. Rather than a $745 course taught online, these training objectives could be established with a PowerPoint presentation or even a video on LinkedIn Learning or Lynda. These computer-based trainings would be a more cost-effective way to absorb the same information without requiring a live instructor to teach it each time in a live online lecture.”
- Association for Talent Development. 2019. Essentials of Being a Successful Training Coordinator. https://www.td.org/education-courses/essentials-of-being-a-successful-training-coordinator
- Popular press and media accounts generally suggest that executives are overpaid. For example: the average yearly salary of a CEO of Fortune 500 company in 2018 was $14.5 million. The average yearly salary of a regular worker was $39,888. Justify why the CEO’s pay is appropriate. Support your response with specifics.
- Imagine it is your task to calculate ROI for a hypothetical training program. Determine one key element that would factor into your calculation of ROI, and identify the aspects of your hypothetical program that would make the element applicable and your calculation accurate.
- Select one of the four key areas of training and assess the likelihood that the chosen training area will enhance business development through increased ROI.
- Define what a flexible workforce is. What type of flexible worker would you like to be? Support your response with examples and references to your text (Chapter 12) or independent research you have conducted.