Economics homework help.
The assignment is consisted of 3 computational questions that must be solved using spreadsheet and 2 written (open) questions that are related to the computational questions but evaluate application of theory.
· In the computational part, you are asked to apply the calculations and knowledge of spreadsheets studied in class to the scenarios provided.
· In the written part, make reference to the theory studied in class and provide examples to support your points.
You must upload the written answers and the spreadsheet via Turn-it-in. Save your documents with the filename: Axxxxxxx (where xxxxxxx is your last name). (Note: You should save two files. One should be an EXCEL document and the other should be a Word document.)
Questions: (Each question is 20% of the assignment)
1. In the table below are the euro-dollar exchange rates for the first ten days of August 2018. The data shows dollar per euro. Draw a line chart that shows the evolution of the euro relative to the dollar. Add a trendline.
2. Your company manufactures and exports industrial machinery. The table below shows a series of models and their price in Euros. Create the table in excel. Insert the dollar rate on the 01/08/2018 in the cell below ´´Dollar rate´´. Create a formula that allows you to see all the prices of the models in dollars; if the dollar rate changes, the dollar rate cell updates all the prices in the column. Repeat the procedure for the rate on 10/08/2018.
3. In the column marked difference, show the difference in dollars between the two dates.
|Dollar rate||Dollar rate|
|Model||Price in euros||Price in dollars||Price in dollars||Difference|
4. Create a memo in Word. Comment on the trend shown in question 1 above. During the first 5 days, was the euro rising or falling? And during those 10 days?
5. Most of your exports to the US belong to the model 475 CFV. The experience shows that, if the price of this product rises over 193000 dollars, the exported units will be reduced. If this product is priced in euros, and assuming the trend shown in question 1 continues, what would be the consequences for your company’s exports?
For the Word Memo
· Wordcount: 150-word max.
· Font: Arial 12 pt.
· Text alignment: Justified
Submission: Nov 22nd, 2020. 23:59 CEST.
· Demonstrate a working level and familiarity with practical spreadsheet software formula.
|Written answers||Excellent 90-100%||Good 80-89%||Fair 70-79%||Marginal Fail 60-69%||Fail <60%|
Knowledge &Understanding (40%)
|Student demonstrates thorough understanding of content.||Student demonstrates considerable under- standing of content.||Student demonstrates some understanding of content.||Student demonstrates limited understanding of content.||Student demonstrates no understanding of content.|
|Applies knowledge and skills in familiar contexts with a high degree of effectiveness, providing relevant examples that
|Applies knowledge and skills in familiar contexts with considerable effectiveness, providing some relevant examples that make a good
attempt at supporting points.
|Applies knowledge and skills in familiar contexts with some effectiveness, providing examples although some may lack relevance or
provide limited support.
|Applies knowledge and skills in familiar contexts with limited effectiveness, few/ irrelevant examples provided.||No application of possible knowledge or s kills. No examples provided.|
|Uses conventions, vocabulary, and terminology of the discipline with a high degree of effectiveness.||Uses conventions, vocabulary, and terminology of the discipline with considerable effectiveness.||Uses conventions, vocabulary, and terminology of the discipline with some effectiveness.||Uses conventions, vocabulary, and terminology of the discipline with limited effectiveness.||Lack of use
of conventions, vocabulary, and terminology of the discipline.