Education homework help. Family and community engagement is critical to the success of all students. Including family and community members can be challenging because of the many dynamics, such as time, communication, and engagement issues. Educators must create engagement strategies that are purposeful and thoughtful to the community demographics.
Part 1: Family and/or Community Assignment
Research and develop a homework assignment/learning activity for the content area that will engage the family and/or community.
Your homework assignment/learning activity should include:
· A learning objective describing the desired learning outcome of the activity. (For example, “Students will design and implement a composting program in their community that aligns to the United States Environmental Protection Agency composting guidelines.”)
· In 100-250 words, describe the homework assignment/learning activity, and how the assignment/learning activity engages the family and community.
· Detail how family and/or community can be involved in establishing a positive learning environment, describing collaborative strategies.
Part 2: Reflection
In 250-500 words, summarize and reflect on the homework assignment/learning activity that engages family and/or community.
Address the following:
1. Methods to communicate with families and other stakeholders about the needs of students.
2. Challenges teachers face when creating homework, and activities that engage family and/or community.
3. The importance of engaging family and community in students’ education.
4. How you will deal with concerns or issues with parents and the possible solutions to support positive collaboration