Education homework help. 4-MAT Book Review Assignment Instructions
You will write 4-MAT Book Reviews of two of the four required textbooks for this course. Each Review must follow the word-count indicated for each section:
- Summary: at least 500 words.
- Concrete Responses: at least 250 words.
- Reflection: at least 250 words.
- Application: at least 200 words.
The 4-MAT Book Review system is a way of responding to readings, lectures, and life experiences that requires the learner to interact with new ideas on several levels. Use the following format to prepare your 4-MAT Reviews.
- Summary: After listing author, publisher, and date, summarize what you have read as if you were the author condensing the book into at least 500 words. Show that you comprehend the readings by writing a concise summary.
- Concrete Responses: Now, it is time for you to be vulnerable. In at least 250 words, relate a personal life episode that this book reminded you of. Relate your story in the first person, describe action, and quote exact words you remember hearing or saying. This is a do-it-yourself parable, case study, confession/profession in the teaching style of Jesus. You will remember almost nothing you read unless you make this critical, personal connection. This is an opportunity to tell your story and make new ideas your own.
- Reflection: What new questions came to mind in response to what you read? Keep a rough note sheet at hand as you read. Outsmart the author by asking better questions than he/she raised. Begin with questions like, “What bothers me about this book?” Keep this section to at least 250 words.
- Application: So what are you going to do about it, anyway? Explain in detail what you might say to a counselee, send as an email, or say to a friend. What actions or changes are you potentially going to make in your life as a result of your learning? Your response here is another opportunity to be transparent and authentic. Be precise in summarizing your action steps (your comments should be at least 200 words).
- Please note: Your grade on the 4-MAT Book Reviews depends on the manner in which you address each of these 4 dimensions of response to readings.
Your 4-MAT Book Reviews must be no more than five pages each and must adhere to current Turabian or APA format. Students in the School of Divinity (SoD) will use Turabian Form in all PACO prefix courses, and students in the School of Behavioral Sciences (SoBS) will use APA in all PACO prefix courses.
These Assignments will be submitted via the SafeAssign plagiarism tool.
Submit your 4-MAT Book Reviews by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of the assigned Module.