ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AND HEALTH PROMOTION: ACCIDENT PREVENTION AND SAFETY PROMOTION FOR PARENTS AND CAREGIVERS OF INFANTS.
The growth, development, and learned behaviors that occur during the first year of infancy have a direct effect on the individual throughout a lifetime. For this assignment, research an environmental factor that poses a threat to the health or safety of infants and develop a health promotion that can be presented to caregivers.
Create a 10-12 slide PowerPoint health promotion, with speaker notes, that outlines a teaching plan. For the presentation of your PowerPoint, use Loom to create a voice over or a video. Include an additional slide for the Loom link at the beginning, and an additional slide for references at the end.
Include the following in your presentation:
- Describe the selected environmental factor. Explain how the environmental factor you selected can potentially affect the health or safety of infants.
- Create a health promotion plan that can be presented to caregivers to address the environmental factor and improve the overall health and well-being of infants.
- Offer recommendations on accident prevention and safety promotion as they relate to the selected environmental factor and the health or safety of infants.
- Offer examples, interventions, and suggestions from evidence-based research. At least three scholarly resources are required. Two of the three resources must be peer-reviewed and no more than 6 years old.
- Provide readers with two community resources, a national resource, and a Web-based resource. Include a brief description and contact information for each resource.
- In developing your PowerPoint, take into consideration the health care literacy level of your target audience, as well as the demographic of the caregiver/patient (socioeconomic level, language, culture, and any other relevant characteristic of the caregiver) for which the presentation is tailored