>Human Resource Management homework help. Conduct an informational interview with a human resource professional in which you explore the leadership side of human resources.
Write a 4–5 page paper which outlines your informational interview with a human resource leader. Explain the leader’s role and unique perspectives of human resource leadership. You will also analyze how this advises you on your own perspectives of being an effective human resource leader. Your paper should be well organized and cover the following elements.
Describe the leader’s position and role in the human resource function.
Examine the leader’s philosophy and approach for being an effective leader and strategic partner. Be sure your interview covers the following facets of leadership and management:
The challenges and opportunities of the interviewee as a human resource leader, and how that differs from their role as a human resource manager.
The leader’s approach to influencing people and organizations as a strategic partner.
The leader’s advice for being an effective leader.
Analyze how the leader applies leadership theories to support human resource outcomes. Be sure to cover the following elements.
How theories of leadership did or could apply to the interviewee’s role and responsibilities.
How theories of leadership resonate with you after the interview.
Analyze how key interview findings inform your own personal philosophy of human resource leadership.
How do insights from the interview connect to your own leadership behavior?
How do insights from the interview impact your leadership development journey?
Length: 4–5 typed, double-spaced pages, plus the cover and resources pages.
The first page should be a cover sheet with your name, the course number, assignment title, and date. No other information is required on this page.
The last page should be the reference list.
Organization: Make sure your assignment writing is well organized, using headings and subheadings to organize content for the reader.
Resources: Use 2–3 references and include both trade publications and peer-reviewed articles to support your assertions with data and in-text citations.
APA formatting: Resources and in-text citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
Develop flow with organizational tactics which recognize relationship between the main topic and subtopics.
As a human resource leader, I must make sure I am looking out for the team and the brand that we represent. One cannot represent the team and the company separately. As the HR representative at a Haverty’s location, I must ensure the well-being of my coworkers. We must hire individuals who are team players, as well as those who will represent the brand. I also o must show no biases when hiring, thus making the work environment a diverse and fulfilling work environment. I have to be able to make decision on hiring and firing indivuals based on the company needs in the present and future.
2. Differences in leadership and management are that mangers manage the front lines and leaderships works with the politics of the company. Managers make sure the employees are doing their part in making the company successful. While leadership handles the budgets, public affairs, and longevity of the company.
3. When approaching people and other organizations, we must consider their needs and desires. We want to help them while helping ourselves. If it does not benefit the company morally and financially, then we may not need to do business with them. We also have to look within our company for ideas of organizations and what influences can and will affect the company. Our employees play a part in our consumer base, as they may tell their family members the pro and cons of the company. Realistically, the public opinion comes from employees of these companies and organizations. We can also do public surveys on what the community needs and how we can be of assistance in any way.
4. My advice on being an effective leader is keeping in mind what job you have to do. The brand/company, and those people (employees) who can help make this happen. The over4all longevity of the company is a goal. Without a job we would not be here. And without the team of reliable and proficient employees, a company is not successful.
5. A theory that leadership can utilize is the Contingency Theory. This theory expresses there is not a set of specific leadership styles. There are different variables within the work environment that call for certain leadership values. It is founded on the principle that no one leadership style is applicable to all situations. Renowned leadership researchers Hodgson and White believe that the best form of leadership is one that finds the perfect balance between behaviors, needs, and context. Good leaders not only possess the right qualities but they’re also able to evaluate the needs of their followers and the situation at hand. In summary, the contingency theory suggests that great leadership is a combination of many key variables. (I GOOGLED THIS) https://corporatefinanceinstitute.com/resources/careers/soft-skills/leadership-theories/
6. My own personal theory is making sure you have a healthy and reliable work environment. Remember you cannot cater to everyone’s needs; you are not here to babysit. This is a job and you must be professionally and responsible. While we need to ensure the longevity of our workers, they must understand that this is a business. Secondly, we must be a barrier between the company and the employees, thus informing the company of the needs of the employees Ndits consumers and informing the employees of the expectations of the company.