Human Resource Management homework help.
Write a 6–8 page paper in which you:
- Briefly explain your overall understanding of conducting employee background checks. Why are they done? Why are they important? Be clear with your discussion.
- Identify and discuss at least two types of background checks you believe most organizations conduct and explain how you will ensure the types you select are properly administered in the company.
- List and describe at least five employee drug-testing procedures you would implement to comply with state drug-testing laws. How would you ensure adherence to the procedures?
- Briefly discuss your understanding of bona fide occupational qualification (BFOQ), affirmative action preferences, and promotions. Then, identify at least three actions you would take to avoid employment law issues with these topics. Be specific.
- Go to Basic Search: Strayer University Online Library to find at least three quality academic resources for this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Resources to use:
David J. Walsh. 2019. Employment Law for Human Resource Practice (6th ed.). South-Western Cengage Learning.
United States Department of Labor. 2020. Summary of the Major Laws of the Department of Labor. https://www.dol.gov/general/aboutdol/majorlaws
United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. 2020. Types of Discrimination. http://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types
United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. 2020. Prohibited Employment Policies/Practices. https://www.eeoc.gov/laws/practices/
The Leadership Conference. 2001. Affirmative Action. http://archives.civilrights.org/resources/civilrights101/affirmaction.html
Life Coach Directory. 2016. The Seven Challenge Areas for Work-Life Balance. https://www.lifecoach-directory.org.uk/lifecoach-articles/the-7-challenge-areas-for-work-life-balance
United States Department of Labor. No date. Occupational Safety & Health Administration. https://www.osha.gov/
United States Department of Labor. 2020. Occupational Safety & Health Administration Newsroom. https://www.osha.gov/news
Angela Reddock-Wright. 2012. 6 Tips to Avoid Harassment and Discrimination Claims. https://i-sight.com/resources/6-tips-to-avoid-harassment-and-discrimination-claims/
Rapid Learning Institute. 2010. The Top Five FMLA Compliance Mistakes That Could Land You in Court. http://www.kansastag.gov/AdvHTML_Upload/files/FMLA-5-Slip-Ups-White-Paper.pdf
Canice Prendergast. 1993. Discretion and Bias in Performance Evaluation. https://faculty.chicagobooth.edu/canice.prendergast/research/DiscretionAndBiasInPerformanceEvaluation.pdf
FindLaw.com. 2018. Constructive Dismissal and Wrongful Termination. https://employment.findlaw.com/losing-a-job/constructive-dismissal-and-wrongful-termination.html