Information Systems homework help.
As you have seen through your assigned reading and media this week, the colonists wanted to be treated like their British contemporaries, including representation within Parliament. However, Parliament argued the colonists were represented, as most British citizens, through virtual representation. What was the series of events that brought Britain and the colonies to the brink of war by 1774? To what extent were these experiences the product of poor leadership? Diﬀering theories of government? Diﬀerent social experiences? Explain your answer with speciﬁc examples from your assigned reading and media.
- Of the People: A HISTORY OF THE UNITED STATES WITH SOURCES Fourth Edition: ISBN: 9780190088026 By: Michael McGerr, Jan Ellen Lewis, James Oakes, Nick Cullather, Mark Summers, Camilla Townsend, Karen M. Dunak Chapters 6 and 7
- 6.1 Letter from George Washington to Robert Dinwidde, Governor of Virginia (1755)
- 6.6 The Intolerable Acts (1774)
- 7.1 Thomas Paine, Common Sense (1776)
Note: Primary sources are available within your eText.
closed-captions Closed-captions are available.
- The Seven Years War (Feature History)
- Prelude to the Revolution (Crash Course)
- The Constitution, the Articles, and Federalism (Crash Course)