Information Systems homework help. Assignement#1
Executive Program Practical Connection Activity
At UC, it is a priority that students are provided with strong educational programs and courses that allow them to be servant-leaders in their disciplines and communities, linking research with practice and knowledge with ethical decision-making. This assignment is a written assignment where students will demonstrate how this course research has connected and put into practice within their own career.
Provide a reflection of at least 500 words (or 2 pages double spaced) of how the knowledge, skills, or theories of this course have been applied, or could be applied, in a practical manner to your current work environment. If you are not currently working, share times when you have or could observe these theories and knowledge could be applied to an employment opportunity in your field of study.
- Provide a 500 word (or 2 pages double spaced) minimum reflection.
- Use of proper APA formatting and citations. If supporting evidence from outside resources is used those must be properly cited.
- Share a personal connection that identifies specific knowledge and theories from this course.
- Demonstrate a connection to your current work environment. If you are not employed, demonstrate a connection to your desired work environment.
- You should not, provide an overview of the assignments assigned in the course. The assignment asks that you reflect how the knowledge and skills obtained through meeting course objectives were applied or could be applied in the workplace.
Upon completion of this course:
Students will explore the options for addressing cybersecurity engineering needs
Students will define and structure metrics to manage cybersecurity engineering
Students will identify and evaluate existing capabilities for cybersecurity engineering
Students will identify competency and capability gaps for cybersecurity engineering
Students will define and prioritize cybersecurity engineering needs
Students will summarize and plan for improvements in cybersecurity engineering performance
Learn how to perform research identifying and analyzing technological challenges
Build critical thinking skills to develop and apply solutions that achieve strategic and tactical IT-business alignment
Develop professional skills and expertise to advance knowledge in your chosen field or discipline within information technology
Conduct research with professional and ethical integrity
Address complex technical questions and challenge established knowledge and practices in the area
Identify, comprehend, analyze, evaluate and synthesize research
Communicate effectively and employ constructive professional and interpersonal skills
Critically evaluate current research and best practices
Demonstrate IT leadership skills at the team and enterprise levels following tenets of professional, social, and ethical responsibility
Recommend IT strategies that support enterprise mission and objectives
His primary responsibilities as a Software Engineer include but not limited to:
• Analyze the Entity Master data by using various statistical procedures based on the specifications and statistical planning and Assessment.
• Responsible for data security, data quality, data organization, data profiling and maintains access by providing information, resources, and technical support.
• Advanced Research Methods based on system controls by developing framework for controls and monitoring levels of access and recommending improvements.
• Qualitative Research on preparing the project plan which also includes the Technical Functional responsibilities.
• Installing firewalls, data encryption and other security measures. Recommending security enhancements and Performing risk assessments and testing of data processing systems.
• Identifies requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual clients and with other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
• Designed the Applications using Qlik Sense with Entity Master Data and Legacy Data
• Write, Analyze, review and re-write the programs using the Agile Methodology Software Development Process.
• Create and debug programs and applications, enhancing functionality of the application to increase the end user experience.
Penetration testing is a simulated cyberattack against a computer or network that checks for exploitable vulnerabilities. Pen tests can involve attempting to breach application systems, APIs, servers, inputs, and code injection attacks to reveal vulnerabilities. In a well-written, highly-detailed research paper, discuss the following:
- What is penetration testing
- Testing Stages
- Testing Methods
- Testing, web applications and firewalls
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be approximately 4-6 pages in length, not including the required cover page and reference page. (Remember, APA is double spaced)
- Follow APA 7 guidelines. Your paper should include an introduction, a body with fully developed content, and a conclusion.
- Support your answers with the readings from the course and at least two scholarly journal articles to support your positions, claims, and observations, in addition to your textbook. The UC Library is a great place to find resources.
- Be clear and well-written, concise, and logical, using excellent grammar and style techniques. You are being graded in part on the quality of your writing.