Information Systems homework help.
Week 1 – Individual Assignment
Week 1 – IA-1 Essay Assignment
Your Future Career in Project Management
According to a published report on the gap in project management human resource talent (Project Management Institute, 2013), “between 2010 and 2020, 15.7 million new project management roles will be created globally across seven project-intensive industries” (para. 1). As a student in PMAN 634 here at University of Maryland University College, you are taking steps to gain the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities required to assume a project management position.
· Identify and describe at least three potential project management roles/positions that you would consider as likely employment once you have completed the Project Management Program, or any other program in which you are enrolled.
· In what industry are you most likely to find these project management roles/positions?
· How will completing this course, or the PMAN program in project management, prepare you to assume one of these roles/positions, in the industry of your choice, in project management profession?
Instructions for completing this assignment:
1. Review the grading rubric attached to this assignment to understand how you will be graded on this assignment.
2. Compose a short essay (800-1000 words; 2 to 3 pages in length) that provides a critical and thoughtful response to the prompt presented above.
3. Review the literature that will serve as evidence to support your response to the prompt. The literature reviewed will meet these criteria.
a. Use UMUC’s library of online academic databases to locate at least three (3) scholarly journal articles.
b. Two of these articles must have a publication date within the last five years.
4. Follow APA (6th edition) style and formatting guidelines to prepare your essay. This will include in-text citations and References page. The essay will be organized in a logical sequence and include at a minimum level 1 heading.
5. Demonstrate the mastery of technology skills by meeting the following criteria:
a. Prepare your essay in MS Word with 1-inch margins on sides/top/bottom, double line spacing, and 12-point font in Times New Roman. Insert page numbers as required in APA.
b. Upload your completed essay in MS Word to the Assignment folder.
6. The assignment is due no later than 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday of Week 1.