Information Systems homework help.
Telecommuting and the Mobile Worker
Due Week 4 and worth 100 points
The number of American telecommuters is expected to increase by 29 million telecommuters, or 43% of the workforce, by 2016 as more work gets performed from remote locations. Mobile workers can work from wherever they are and use the IT / IS technology necessary to access co-workers, company or corporate infrastructure, intranets, and other information sources.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Describe the impact of telecommuting on energy conservation, IT operational costs, “green computing,” and shifts in telecommuters’ lifestyles (e.g., parents, disability, etc.).
- Describe how the business infrastructure should be designed so that employees will be able to continue to perform business functions in the event of a disaster (e.g., storm, hurricane, or earthquake) that destroys or makes it impossible to access the buildings.
- Determine four advantages and four disadvantages of telecommuting from an IT manager’s point of view. Elaborate on each advantage and disadvantage.
- Examine the effect of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) to the IT infrastructure with regard to security, IT support, knowledge, and data management, green computing, and telecommuting.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Outline the concept of telecommuting and its effect on IT operations and infrastructure.