Information Systems homework help.
Subject name: InfoTech Import in Strat Plan (Information Technology Importance in Strategic Planning)
My Job: SQL developer/Tech Lead.
My Job Duties:
Current work environment
- Design and develop Database, Schemas, Stored Procedures, Views and Functions of the business requirements and capture the information along the application.
- Perform code reviews and re-factor inefficient SQL queries, Stored Procedures, functions and troubleshoot applications issues through JIRA tickets on daily basis.
- Develop and maintain dashboards in QlikView. Create new reports as required and automate the process to distribute daily.
- Develop project plans according to business requirements, track project execution, manage changes and develop implementation plans. Provide status reports on activities against the program plan to the stakeholders.
- Perform Functional Testing and document defects using JIRA for every production release. Deploy the applications into production twice per quarter.
- Familiarize the offshore team with customer specifications, design targets, development process, design standards, techniques and tools to support the assigned activities.
- Responsible for writing Technical Specification Documents which includes Business Rules, Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams and pseudo code.
Provide a reflection of at least 500 words (or 2 pages double spaced) of how the knowledge, skills, or theories of this course have been applied, or could be applied, in a practical manner to your current work environment. If you are not currently working, share times when you have or could observe these theories and knowledge could be applied to an employment opportunity in your field of study.
Provide a 500 word (or 2 pages double spaced) minimum reflection.
Use of proper APA formatting and citations. If supporting evidence from outside resources is used those must be properly cited.
Share a personal connection that identifies specific knowledge and theories from this course.
Demonstrate a connection to your current work environment. If you are not employed, demonstrate a connection to your desired work environment.
You should not provide an overview of the assignments assigned in the course. The assignment asks that you reflect how the knowledge and skills obtained through meeting course objectives were applied or could be applied in the workplace.
Any use of outside sources, including your own prior work, will result in a zero on the activity and a report being filed with Academic Affairs regarding plagiarism (even if self-plagiarism).
- Research Paper: Develop a Computer/Internet Security Policy
You have been hired as the CSO (Chief Security Officer) for an organization. Your job is to develop a computer and internet security policy for the organization that covers the following areas:
Computer and email acceptable use policy
Internet acceptable use policy
Password protection policy
Make sure you are sufficiently specific in addressing each area. There are plenty of security policy and guideline templates available online for you to use as a reference or for guidance. Your plan should reflect the business model and corporate culture of a specific organization that you select.
Include at least 3 scholarly references.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be approximately four to six pages in length, not including the required cover page and reference page.
- Follow APA7 guidelines. Your paper should include an introduction, a body with fully developed content, and a conclusion.
- Support your answers with the readings from the course and at least three scholarly journal articles to support your positions, claims, and observations, in addition to your textbook.
- Be clearly and well-written, concise, and logical, using excellent grammar and style techniques. You are being graded in part on the quality of your writing.
- Discuss an organization’s need for physical security. What methods, approaches, and models can be used by organizations when designing physical security needs? Lastly, explain how these security measures will safeguard the organization.
Please make your initial post and two response posts substantive. A substantive post will do at least two of the following:
- Ask an interesting, thoughtful question pertaining to the topic
- Answer a question (in detail) posted by another student or the instructor
- Provide extensive additional information on the topic
- Explain, define, or analyze the topic in detail
- Share an applicable personal experience
- Provide an outside source that applies to the topic, along with additional information about the topic or the source (please cite properly in APA)
- Make an argument concerning the topic.
At least one scholarly source should be used in the initial discussion thread.
Initial post ********Due Thursday********
Response post ********Due Sunday********