Management homework help. MGT 3310 – Principles of Management and Organizational Behavior
Topic: An in-depth managerial analysis of a selected organization, e.g., a corporation, company, firm
or association. Ideally, an organization which you have some interest in joining as an employee or associate.
Note: This research effort can be done as an individual or in a group (maximum 3 students). If you
plan to work in a group, you must email me by the end of Week 3.
**Grading rubric can be found in the syllabus.**
Issues and Questions to be Addressed:
1. What is the mission of the organization? a. What planning methodologies are utilized? b. Define and assess the organization’s strategy. c. Identify its customers and/or constituents; and its competitors.
2. Describe how the firm is organized.
a. Note the formal structure (organizational charts); also what informal entities exist? b. Describe the decision-making process. c. How does the organization manage change?
3. What is the leadership style?
a. Who are the organization’s heroes? b. Describe the motivational environment. c. Assess the effectiveness of the organizational communications.
4. Comment on the processes for control
a. Note the type of controls. b. Describe the financial controls. c. Describe the operational controls. d. What role(s) do information systems play?
5. Evaluate any innovative managerial practices.
a. How is entrepreneurship encouraged? b. What ethical dilemmas are faced? c. What sources of “employee empowerment” are utilized? d. Role(s) of technology
6. Assess your interest in joining the organization.
a. Why or Why Not? b. How?
– Literature review (e.g. Bios of founders) – Employee interviews – Promotional materials assessment (including websites) – Industry analysis Length:
Approximately 10 pages, 12-point Times New Roman, double-spaced, APA style, with well documented references.