Nursing homework help.
Instructions: Doctorate level work. 2 pages, APA format, at least 2 references (must be within 5 yrs ). Absolutely plagiarism free
Due date/time: 18 Nov, 2020 @8:00am.
Let’s return to the ethical scenario presented within Page 2 of the Explore section of Week 4 to consider it further. Upon learning that a medication error occurred resulting in a child’s death, the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) of a regional acute care facility held a press conference to announce the mistake. The conference centered on reporter questions about why the nurse was not fired. The CNO explained that the nurse was highly regarded and that the problem was a “system” problem, not simply a problem of an incompetent nurse. The CNO also explained that an examination of the medication administration procedures was ordered and that an electronic medication error avoidance system would be implemented to ensure that such an error would not happen again. Consider this scenario to address the following.
· As the CNO in the scenario, defend your decision to disclose the incident to the media. How does this decision influence value-based healthcare? What risks might you encounter? What impact might this decision have on you personally and professionally?
· At a regional health consortium, fellow CNOs remark that they would not disclose such an incident to the media. Provide two justifications for withholding disclosure of the error to the public. How does this decision influence value-based healthcare?
· Imagine you are the patient’s family. How would you want the issue to be handled by the CNO? Explain your rationale
1. Chism, L. A. (2019). The Doctor of Nursing Practice: A guidebook for role development and professional issues (4 th ed.). Jones & Bartlett Publishers.
· Chapter 7: The DNP Graduate as Ethical Consultant, pp. 177-197
2. Marshall, E. S. & Broome, M.E. (2017). Transformational leadership in nursing: From expert clinician to influential leader (2nd ed.). Springer Publishing Company.
· Chapter 4: Economics and Finance
o”The Present State of Health Care Finance,” p. 88
o”Emerging Models of Care Delivery: A Glimpse into The Future of Financing,” -p. 114
3.Nelson, E. C., Batalden, P. B., & Godfrey, M. M. (2007). Quality by design: A clinical microsystems approach. Jossey-Bass.
· Chapter 7: Planning Patient-Centered Care, pp. 148-164
4.Sorbello, B. (2008). The nurse administrator as caring person: A synoptic analysis applying caring philosophy, Ray’s ethical theory of existential authenticity, the ethic of justice, and the ethic of care (Links to an external site.). International Journal for Human Caring, 12(1), 44-49. Permalink