Nursing homework help.
Develop a PICOT question that defines a gap in practice and write a 2–3 page executive summary presenting the key elements that decision makers will need to make decisions.
Note: Complete the assessments in this course in the order in which they are presented.
It is important to define your ideas clearly and precisely to help develop and sustain stakeholder buy-in with any project being created to improve outcomes. Using a PICOT gives the reader a clear idea of your improvement project in one succinct sentence. Another important communication tool is written for the administrative stakeholders in the form of an executive summary. The executive summary provides a brief and precise narrative of what you want to expedite for your improvement project. Executive summaries are commonly associated with business plans, marketing plans, evaluation studies, and other materials that are created to guide decision making and action. As an actionable document, the executive summary is meant to set out the key elements that a decision maker will need in order to make decisions and, as important, to justify those decisions to those to whom the decision maker is responsible.
Develop a PICOT question that defines a gap in practice related to a specific population at the organizational, regional, or national level for care coordination. Write a 2–3 page executive summary (not including the title and reference pages). Include 4–6 scholarly sources on the reference page.
You are encouraged to formulate a PICOT question based on a clinical question from your field of expertise or reflective of a specialization or strong area of career interest.
The numbered assignment instructions outlined below correspond to the grading criteria in the Defining a Gap in Practice: Executive Summary Scoring Guide, so be sure to address each point. You may also want to review the performance-level descriptions for each criterion to see how your work will be assessed.
- Analyze clinical priorities for a specific population to effectively influence health outcomes with a care coordination process.
- Apply a PICOT question to a gap in practice at the organizational, regional, or national level for care coordination.
- What is the PICOT question?
- Provide and explanation of the selected gap.
- Evaluate the potential services and resources for care coordination that are currently available for use with the selected population.
- Assess the type of care coordination intervention that would best fit to enhance evidence-based practice.
- Summarize the selected nursing diagnosis to support the strategy for collaborative care to present to the interprofessional team to develop stakeholder understanding.
- Present an assessment of the issue to start the process.
- Explain the planning of the intervention and expected outcomes you want to achieve for the care coordination process using the scope and standards of practice for care coordination.
- What are the planning steps for the intervention?
- What expected outcomes you want to achieve?
- Write content clearly and logically, with correct use of grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
The audience for this presentation is an interprofessional team (including people in the care coordination process and leadership who are approving the process). Your objective is to develop stakeholder understanding and acceptance.
- Written communication: Write clearly, accurately, and professionally, incorporating sources appropriately.
- APA guidelines: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA Style and Format. When appropriate, use APA-formatted headings.
- Font and font size: Times Roman, 12 point.