Physiology homework help. HUN 4241 Advanced Nutrition Fall 2020
Essay – 30 points
Submission Date – November 10th 2020 by 11:59 p.m on Canvas Course page
• Read the following review paper –
O’Grady John & Shanahan Fergus, Dietary fiber and gastrointestinal disease: an evolving story. Curr
Gastroenterol Rep. 2018; 20:59.
• You may read additional supplementary material to improve your understanding of the paper.
• Summarize the review article in your own words. Your essay must include the aim of the article and the
conclusions of the authors. As you read through the article, make an outline of the most important points
discussed by the authors. Use these to formulate the body of your essay. At the end of your essay (after
summarizing the conclusions of the paper) include answers to the following questions in a paragraph:
o Do you agree with the conclusions of the authors in this paper? Why or why not?
o What may be some disadvantages of fiber consumption? How can these be overcome when
motivating a patient to modify their diet.
o Besides the gastrointestinal diseases discussed in the paper and other intestinal disorders such as
constipation, colitis etc..list another health condition where the benefit of dietary fiber has been
proven. Briefly describe the mechanism through which fiber affects this health condition.
o In your opinion, what is one major reason that current diets are lower in fiber compared to ancestral
diets? Briefly explain.
• The essay should be written in your own words and should not quote text from this or other articles.
• Essays must be typed in 12-point font, double-spaced. The overall length should not exceed 1.5 pages (1
inch margins). If your essay exceeds the expected length, the additional text (beyond 1.5 page limit) will
not be graded and it will be as if you submitted an incomplete assignment.
• Essays will be graded on the basis of critical thinking, application of nutrition knowledge and ability to
summarize nutrition concepts (20 points) as well as on the basis of grammar and composition (10 points).
• When you have completed the essay, submit the document (.doc, .docx, or pdf format) (without any cover
page) through Canvas.
• The essay will be checked for plagiarism through Turnitin automatically when you submit through
• Late submissions will incur a 5-point penalty for each day that the submission is delayed.