Political Science homework help.
Week 4 Assignment: Electoral College – Good or Bad?
- Due Saturday by 11:59pm
- Points 100
- Submitting a file upload
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapters 7, 8
- APA style manual
- Citation and Writing Assistance: Writing Papers At CU (Links to an external site.)
- Library Overview (Links to an external site.)
- How to Search for Articles – the Everything Tab (Links to an external site.)
The Electoral College was created to protect US citizens against mob rule. Mob rule is the control of a lawful government system by a mass of people through violence and intimidation. However, some Americans question the legitimacy of this process. Pick one election where the outcome of the popular vote and the electoral college vote differed to create an argument in favor of or opposed to the use of the electoral college. List at least three valid points to support your argument. Present you argument in a PowerPoint presentation.
As you complete your presentation, be sure to:
- Use speaker’s notes to expand upon the bullet point main ideas on your slides, making references to research and theory with citation.
- Proof your work
- Use visuals (pictures, video, narration, graphs, etc.) to compliment the text in your presentation and to reinforce your content.
- Do not just write a paper and copy chunks of it into each slide. Treat this as if you were going to give this presentation live.
Presentation Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 8 substantive slides (excluding cover and references slides)
- Font should not be smaller than size 16-point
- Parenthetical in-text citations included and formatted in APA style
- References slide (a minimum of 2 outside scholarly sources plus the textbook and/or the weekly lesson for each course outcome)
This activity will be graded using the Electoral College Grading Rubric.
Course Outcomes (CO): 6
Due Date: By 11:59 p.m. MT on Saturday