Psychology homework help.
Discussion: Philosophy of Science
How does the lens from which you view the world shape your approach to research inquiry? Why is it important as a scholar-practitioner engaged in research to acknowledge your worldview?
Reflect on how your assumptions about the acquisition of truth and the nature of the world influence your approach to the research process.
Identify an area of interest for a possible research topic. As you read about the different philosophical orientations in this week’s readings, consider if one of these orientations most closely aligns with your worldview and a particular approach to research.
Post a brief description of your topic of research interest. Next, state the philosophical orientation that reflects your worldview and explain the epistemological and ontological assumptions of this orientation. Then, explain how these assumptions lend themselves to one or more research approaches.
Be sure to support your Main Issue Post and Response Post with reference to the week’s Learning Resources and other scholarly evidence in APA Style.
- Describe topic of personal research interest – Racism
- Explain epistemological and ontological assumptions of philosophical orientations
- Explain relationship between epistemological and ontological assumptions and research approaches
- Apply APA Style to writing
Babbie, E. (2017). Basics of social research (7th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.
- Chapter 1, “Human Inquiry and Science”
Burkholder, G. J., Cox, K. A., Crawford, L. M., & Hitchcock, J. H. (Eds.). (2020). Research designs and methods: An applied guide for the scholar-practitioner. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Chapter 1, “Introduction to Research”
- Chapter 2, “Philosophical Foundations and the Role of Theory in Research”
Research Interest topic “Racism”