Psychology homework help. THIS IS TWO PARTS THE DISCUSSION IS DUE WEDNESDAY 11/11/20 AND ASSIGNMENT IS DUE SATURDAY 11/14/20
Week 5: Stress and Health
Stress is an issue that most people can identify with, either now and again or every minute of the day. The effects of stress are a field of interest and research for many, and the connections between past experiences and future health is one major focus area of research. The effects of stress can be greater than some individuals realize, including how stress works against us and the potential for healthy aging. In fact, how people deal with events can have a major impact on both their physical and psychological health.
Erik Erikson’s theory of psychosocial development is a cornerstone of lifespan development theories. This theory can provide essential insight for both psychologists and individuals in that it covers the entire lifespan instead of just one stage. Furthermore, the different challenges or crises of Erikson’s eight stages represent multiple opportunities for social and cultural growth.
This week, you will examine the connections between stress and health through childhood experience and adult wellbeing. Furthermore, you will use Erikson’s theory of psychosocial development to describe and predict your own psychosocial development and critique this theory as to how it aligned with your personal experiences.
· Analyze connections between stress and health issues throughout lifespan
· Apply Erikson’s psychosocial development theory to personal experiences
· Evaluate the accuracy and applicability of Erikson’s psychosocial development theory
· Identify concepts, principles, and processes related to memory, cognition, and healthy aging
Note: To access this week’s required library resources, please click on the link to the Course Readings List, found in the Course Materials section of your Syllabus.
Arnett, J. J., & Jensen, L. A. (2019). Human development: A cultural approach (3rd ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.
· Chapter 1, “A Cultural Approach to Human Development”
· “Erikson’s Psychosocial Theory” (pp. 23–25)
· Chapter 10, “Young Adulthood”
· Section 1, “Physical Development” (pp. 436-445)
· Chapter 11, “Middle Adulthood”
· Section 1, “Physical Development” (pp. 478-490)
· Chapter 12, “Late Adulthood”
· Section 1, “Physical Development” (pp. 526-544)
Felitti, V. J., Anda, R. F., Nordenberg, D., Williamson, D.F., Spitz, A.M., Edwards, V., Koss, M. P., & Marks, J. S. (1998). Relationship of childhood abuse and household dysfunction to many of the leading causes of death in adults: The Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) Study. American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 14(4), 245–258. doi:10.1016/S0749-3797(98)00017-8 . Retrieved from http://www.ajpmonline.org/article/S0749-3797(98)00017-8/pdf
Slater, C. L. (2003). Generativity versus stagnation: An elaboration of Erikson’s adult stage of human development. Journal of Adult Development, 10(1), 53–65.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). (2016). Adverse childhood experiences (ACEs). Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/acestudy/
Stevens, J. E. (2012). Got your ACE score? Retrieved from https://acestoohigh.com/got-your-ace-score/
Document: Erikson’s Psychosocial Development Theory Template (Word Document)Erikson’s Psychosocial Development Theory Template (Word Document)
Donnelly, R., Renk, K., & McKinney, C. (2013). Emerging adults’ stress and health: The role of parent behaviors and cognitions. Child Psychiatry & Human Development, 44(1), 19–38. doi:10.1007/s10578-012-0309-y
THIS IS DUE Wednesday 11/11/2020 NO LATER THAN 10 PM.
Discussion: Stress Throughout the Lifespan
Post a response to the Discussion Spark in the Discussion Spark thread for this week.
Over time, doctors noticed a trend among their patients: Many of them with chronic conditions were sharing histories of “rough childhoods” and early trauma. Because of this, the Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) study was started in 1998. This study captured just how serious adverse childhood experiences can be, and how, even though a person might try to deny the effects of that trauma years later, the trauma was affecting their health.
To prepare, review the provided resources related to the ACE study, as well as information related to common chronic health conditions detailed in Arnett (2019). Furthermore, consider situations you are aware of that involved childhood trauma or adverse experiences and any association between these stresses and chronic health conditions.
By Day 3
Post an analysis of connections between stress and health issues throughout the lifespan. Your analysis should include the following:
· Briefly describe (under 100 words) a hypothetical person who has experienced adverse childhood experiences. Indicate what their ACE score might be based on the survey from Stevens (2012).
· Identify at least two likely health outcomes that could affect this individual throughout adulthood using evidence from the ACE research. What can prevent these health outcomes from becoming a reality?
· Explain the role of resilience for this individual and their health issues.
Assignment: Erikson’s Psychosocial Development Theory
Erikson’s theory is considered a foundational theory for many other perspectives in lifespan development. Once individuals complete a stage and move to the next, they take with them the outcomes of the previous stage. Did they end up with the ideal result or the not-so-ideal result? In this Assignment, you will apply each of Erikson’s stages to your own life and consider whether earlier stages are predictive of later stages and if old conflicts could be resolved later in life through methods such as therapy to have a better outcome in current or future stages.
To prepare, review the provided resources related to Erikson’s theory of psychosocial development and consider how it relates to your personal experiences. For stages you have not yet reached, predict the likely outcome. Refer to the “Erikson’s Psychosocial Development Theory Template” provided in the Week’s Resources for further instructions and requirements to complete this Assignment.
By Day 7
A 2- to 3-page paper applying Erikson’s psychosocial development theory to your personal growth and experiences. Your application should include the following:
· Connect Erikson’s Theory to Personal Experiences
· Describe each stage of Erikson’s theory and the outcome of each psychosocial crisis, using evidence from your personal experience to support this outcome.
· Predict the negotiation of future stage(s) of development based on the scholarly evidence and your personal experiences thus far.
· Critiquing Erikson’s Stages
· Analyze the ways in which Erikson’s theory does or does not accurately explain your personal psychosocial development. Be sure to provide specific examples to support your analysis.
· Assess the accuracy of the age ranges given in Erikson’s theory in representing life stages as we know them today. Explain any updates you think would be necessary to describe modern people.
· Discuss two criticisms that you have of Erikson’s theory, including options to address these criticisms.
Erickson theory template is on the 2nd attachment. I started it.