>Psychology homework help.
Assignment: Beginning the Assessment Report: Conducting Descriptive Data Analysis: Part 1
Collecting data on individuals with suspected addictions is important, but without descriptive data analysis skills, the data remain extraneous bits of information with no framework on which to make a diagnosis or further recommendations.
The chapters from Lichtenberger, Mather, Kaufman, and Kaufman (2004) will help guide you as you start writing the first part of an assessment report. Based on the interview in the media from Week 3 titled Interviewing Strategies and a set of raw data provided in your Learning Resources this week, you will explore which descriptive data would need to be included in order to provide referral, background, and history on the individual depicted with a potential addiction.
Review the Learning Resources, including the following:
- Essentials of Assessment Report Writing
- Chapter 1, “Introduction and Overview”
- Chapter 2, “Technical Aspects of Writing”
- Chapter 3, “Referral and Background Information”
- Watch the media from Week 3 titled Interviewing Strategies.
- Score the raw data provided in the document “Simple Screening Instrument for Substance Abuse Disorders”
Complete Part 1 of the assessment report after scoring the raw data using the instructions provided.
By Day 7
Submit Part 1 of the assessment report, Descriptive Data Analysis, including the following:
- History of the client (approximately 1–2 pages)
- Referral (approximately 1–2 paragraphs)
- Background information (approximately 1–2 pages)
- Description of data findings (approximately 1 page)