Sociology homework help. Project: Final Project
Walden University envisions a distinctively different 21st-century learning community where knowledge is judged worthy to the degree that it can be applied by its graduates to the immediate solutions of critical societal challenges, thereby advancing the greater global good.
—Walden University’s vision
What is your vision for social change? What outcomes would you like to see regarding the social issue on which you have focused during this course? What might you be able to contribute to the realization of those outcomes? This Assignment provides an opportunity for synthesizing the information you have researched and the ideas you have formulated regarding your social issue. It also provides an opportunity for peer review and collective comments in Week 6.
To prepare for this Project:
- Review the Final Project section of the Course Project Overview and Guidelines located in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Determine the format you would like to use for your presentation: PowerPoint or essay.
- Consider the scope of what you have learned regarding your social issue. What insights have resonated? What inspiration have you drawn from examples in the Learning Resources? What can one person do to make a difference on this issue? What can many people do?
- With all of this in mind, consider actions you can take that might impact this issue. What is the objective of each action? What might be gained?
By Day 7
Develop a Final Presentation in the form of a PowerPoint presentation (a minimum of 10 slides, not including title page or references) or essay (3–5 pages, not including cover page or references).
Include the following:
- Summary of the problem
- Potential solutions
- Key actions that you as an individual can take
- Objectives/desired outcomes of each action
- Expected objectives for the immediate future and 5–10 years from now
The following should be evident in the Final Project:
- Research (using sources to formulate the presentation)
- Explanation (articulating the issue or problem to be addressed)
- Analysis (looking at the connections between the facts and assumptions when discussing your issue)
- Stance (taking a definitive perspective and calling for specific goals)
- Understanding (acknowledging any counter perspectives or problems related to proposed solutions)
- Implementation (listing concrete steps—both personal and collective—that might be taken to solve the problem)
For both the PowerPoint presentation and essay format, be sure to support your statements with APA Style in-text citations.
In order to receive full credit, all Assignments are due on time. Should you encounter an unanticipated and uncontrollable life event that may prevent you from meeting an assignment deadline, contact the Instructor immediately to request an extension. Your Instructor’s contact information is in the Contact the Instructor area in the left navigation bar. For a full description of the late policy, please refer to the “Policies on Late Assignments” section of your Syllabus.
Submission and Grading Information
To submit your completed Project for review and grading, do the following:
- Please save your Project using the naming convention “WK5Project+last name+first initial.(extension)” as the name.
- Click the Final Project Rubric to review the Grading Criteria for the Project.
- Click the Week 5 Project
- Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer Find the document you saved as “WK5Proj+last name+first initial.(extension)” and click Open.
- If applicable: From the Plagiarism Tools area, click the checkbox for I agree to submit my paper(s) to the Global Reference Database.
- Click on the Submitbutton to complete your submission.